Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ace Hotel + Levi's Present Desert Gold


So wow! I just got back from Desert Gold at the Ace Hotel Palm Springs. It was waaaaaay rad. I was hard at work alongside my SXSW friends from Levi's, Converse, Ray Ban creating signage + posters at their every beckon. EVERYONE was incredibly nice, hospitable, and fun to work with. Big thanks to Belin Liu, graphic designer at Ace Hotel PDX. (mentioned her a few weeks ago!)

 

This is the poster and branding elements I created to be used for the entire event. They were silkscreened and hung in each room!


Here's is the hand painted entrance sign. Belin helped me big time with all the sponsor logos.



One of three gifting suites, this one was for Levi's. Here bands/artists would get hooked up on swag. I do believe Josh Hartnett rolled by as well as Little Boots, Deer Tick, Black Lips and many others. 



Here's me working on some signage for the Commune. I ended up making a lot of signs! Unfortunately I didn't get pics of everything. As soon as I finished one, someone would have thought of something else for me to make. It was fast paced and non stop throughout the day.



 All the while there were people soaking up the rays and jamming to music.


Here's my really hip room they put me in! 



This was my little work station where I spent some free time drawing on Scout Books for Nicole!



Take a peek at that poster hanging in my room; next to my favorite hat.



Belin helping me paint my mural for Ray Ban!





Tu Fawning playing poolside



Evaro also by the pool.



I wish I could have spent more time in here, but working hard in the sun was a good substitute. 



Every night there were sweet dance parties in the Commune. 





The Brothers Macklovitch (A-Trak + Dave 1 from Chromeo)



Ace Hotel Palm Springs nestled up to the mountains. So surreal. I had a great time and so thankful for the opportunity to work with such nice folks! If you happen to visit Seattle, Portland, Palm Springs, or NYC you should definitely get a room at the Ace. They're good people. 

- Photos (the real good ones) are by the super nice + talented Justin Kent
- More can be see on the Ace Hotel Blog - also on my flickr

2 comments:

ronel said...

great nice to know about this, like those random pics

Last blog's Prince ronel

Kate Neckel said...

good stuff...gotta love working with ace.